June 22, 2011

Water Balloons & Date Day

Ellison and I had a much needed "girls day".  We started off our morning going to the pool for a little while, just the two of us, having fun playing in the pool together.  After coming home, Ellison got to throw a few of her water balloons that she had been begging to do for days.  Daddy is the good sport in the family.  I'm trying to change that.

So then Ellison and I headed out to go to the Greensboro Dance Theater Spring Concert at the Coliseum while Daddy and Marek went to Oliver Leubuscher's first birthday party.  Ellison fell asleep right before we had to leave, and she's always a BEAR waking up from naps.  The whole way to the Coliseum she wouldn't talk, she just GLARED at me from the back seat when I would look back at her and smile.  As soon as we arrived, she perked right up and was talkative as could be.  (Sigh).
The recital was cute to watch, but unbelievably long.  It appears they do the smaller kids at the beginning of the show.  I have a feeling some really good acts came after we left.  Loved the commentary going on behind us by some family members.  While their loved one was on stage during a hip-hop routine, all we could hear was, "Mmm, hmmm!  Get it, girl!  Hooo!  Go on, get it!  Thas what I'm talkin' 'bout!".  One of the members of the same family kept threatening during the show, "Jayshon, I'm goin' throw a shoe at you if you don't be quiet!"  Ellison was in awe.  I had to poke her several times to tell her to turn back around and stop staring.  OK, anyways.  After two hours, and we hadn't even hit intermission yet, I told her we could go whenever she was ready to.  So she kept asking for popcorn, and I didn't want to do it all during the show, so I finally told her she could have some when we left to go home.  Her next statement was of course, "I want to go home now".  After paying $4 for a ridiculously small bag of popcorn in the lobby, we discovered there was an absolute torrential downpour going on with wicked wind, lightening, and thunder.  So we sat to eat our popcorn.  Ellison thought it'd be a good idea for us to just go inside to watch more of the show since we were stuck.  Just as we were about to do so, we spotted Megan, Baity, and Tripp in the lobby waiting out the storm, too!  Once the rain lightened up, I ran to our car (they were dressed up with a party to go to), then pulled it up to chauffeur them to the parking lot.  On our way home, I had to top of our day with a treat (or two) from Maxie B's - my FAVE dessert place.  I'm in love with their buttercream frosting.  IN LOVE.  We met Daddy and Marek back home, where we heard of Bubba's difficulty at the party.  After Marek perfectly fell asleep just before they arrived, Jonathan placed him up in Oliver's room for a little nap.  Oliver's grandma apparently came into Oliver's room to talk on the cell phone, which woke up Marek and freaked him out so bad he was inconsolable for about 20 minutes. :-)  But, alas, the rest of the evening he did well....  Oh my goodness, that's all I can think about are those cupcakes now...
[June 11, 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment