April 25, 2011

4/18



Trying out the Bumbo seat for the first time... "Man, after stepping up from the pink bouncy seat, I now get a purple one?"

Big sis playing doctor with him.


OK, Oh.  My.  Gosh.  After changing Marek into another outfit due to spit-up, I had him on his changing table and was talking with him, we were smiling at each other and carrying on a conversation, he looked completely precious and happy, and I ruined it.  Big time.  I was snapping two little snaps up on the shoulder of the outfit, when struggled to snap the one - it wasn't going together easy, and suddenly my sweet, smiling baby screamed and writhed like I have never heard before.  He completely stiffened up and cried out so hard I had to shake him to get him to take a breath.  This was far worse than the shots he got at his check-up, and I thought that was bad.  Dork that I am, I thought, "Geesh, he must have such a bad stomach cramp..."  Puzzled, I thought to undo the snap on his shoulder since that's when he cried out, and sure enough, can you believe I managed to SNAP HIS SKIN into the snap?!  And it actually closed?!  With his skin in it?!  I wanted to throw up.  It was the worst white mark, surrounded by the worst area of reddened skin.  Oh my goodness I cannot even begin to tell you how bad I felt.  It hurt him so bad, and it hurt my heart so bad.  I cried right along with him muttering my pathetic apologies.  You can't tell good in the picture, but there's a tiny dot in the middle of all that redness.  And this was after I had finally got him to stop crying. :-(
[April 18, 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment