March 9, 2011

Morning

Even mornings in bed are worth capturing around here...

Content watching cartoons with her brother in her arms.


Couple of little tidbits to mention on our kiddos...

First, being a nurse, I have had every kind of body fluid on me at some point in my career, and frankly it happened quite often working in the ED.  I really don't know if I've ever been peed and pooped on so much, though, as I have since January 18.  Thankfully, these days they come with a laugh from me - because it's my sweet baby doing the job instead of drunk adults.  Seriously, at the beginning I could go through 3 diapers in one changing session.  Jonathan just kept seeing dollar bills get dumped into the Diaper Champ.  No matter how quick I was, or how careful I was to cover up the boy parts while switching out the diaper, I still couldn't get around it!  One day, the poop even shot across the room and hit the door!  Not kidding.  SO different having a boy... (but I'm loving every minute of it!)

Ellison has been in a couple of funny streaks over the past couple of months.  First of all, she's constantly asking how things are made or came to be.  Her brain is just trying to wrap itself around how her little world has come together.  Like, "Mom, how did Jesus think of all the words?  How did He know what to call things?".  Never thought I'd be having a discussion on the origin of language with my 4 year old.  Or, "Mom, how did God make this chair?".  And then I have a conversation about how God gave humans special abilities to be able to create things.  Yeah, try doing that in simple terms.  "Mom, how did God paint me?", "Mom, how are chippies (or bikes, or candy, or soap) made?"
Another streak she's in is talking about heaven and death again.  She keeps asking if we die when we're in heaven, and is completely amazed that we will never die once we're in heaven.
She's also CONSTANTLY asking me, "Mom, how old will Marek be when I'm 47?"  And then it goes on and on with any random age for about 5 minutes straight.

I can't remember if I've mentioned this already, but one day when Marek was crying when he was just a couple of weeks old, she calmly said to me, "Can we trade him in for another one?"

No comments:

Post a Comment