Ah, yes, the day came when we were finally bringing our new little bundle home. After waiting for so long, it felt surreal. We put him in his little outfit - the one I bought the night before we had him - and tidied up all of those loose ends one must do before they'll let you spring from the place. Marek was weighing 8 lbs 4 oz when we were discharged.
I love this one...
When Ellison was born, I remember sobbing as we left the hospital room to go home. Not because of apprehension, but I couldn't believe we were leaving the very first place she "knew" when she entered the world. It completely tore at me to leave the room where we brought her into our lives, and I desperately wanted to go through her whole birth experience again. As we were walking down the halls this time, I was starting to feel the flood of those very same emotions with Marek. Luckily, we had this gentleman on the left who distracted me enough to fight back the tears. He had the thickest foreign accent, had way too much cologne on, and was hilarious cooing at Marek and telling me how to buckle our carseat. That I used for over a year with Ellison. I know, I'm a control freak and don't like to be told what to do when I already know what to do. But he really was a sweetheart. Meanwhile, I look like something the cat dragged in...
Loading up our boy for the ride home.
Our beefy little man looks more like a little peanut in this pic.
Sister was so happy to greet us at the door when we arrived home. :-) I was so glad to see her and to be there, too. My parents had the place spotless. It didn't stay that way for long with all of the junk (AND precious cargo) we hauled home.
Ellison wanted to be the one to unzip his carseat cover...
Grandma's arms were right there ready to take him over.
Ellison presented Marek with her little Build-A-Bear cupcake that she's had for her bear since she was 1. She told Marek he could have it because it's his birthday. :-)
Nani Joan, our next door neighbor (and so much more), came to meet the little fella.
The 6 of us then celebrated our family with a cake and candle, saying a prayer thanking God for giving us our two beautiful children, for choosing Ellison to be Marek's big sister, and for completing our family with him. And we prayed for wisdom and guidance in our parenting journey ahead.
[January 20, 2011]
No comments:
Post a Comment