I'm baaaack... Now, hopefully I can remember details well enough since I'm sleep deprived and so much time has gone by!
So the much anticipated arrival of Grandma and Grandpapa finally came. They were set to leave on Sunday, January 16 to head down here, but some sweet talkin' from Ellison had them here on Saturday instead. :-) The girl has some clout. On Friday, Ellison asked Grandma, "Can you some tomorrow instead?". We were all giddy - not only were they coming to visit, but it also meant our little babe would soon be here!
At one point during their drive, Grandpapa called to tell me they were about an hour away. As soon as Ellison heard that, she said she was going to wait and watch through the front door. I told her it would still be a little while, but she was so excited. Finally, she got the phone call from Grandpapa that they were only 5 minutes away, so her and Teddy plopped down yet again to wait. It was so sweet to watch her little body in front of the door just waiting.
When they pulled in the driveway, she was jumping up and down, completely unable to contain her joy, squealing, "They're here!!! They're here!!!" It brought tears to my eyes knowing how much she misses being around them.
Of course, they came bearing gifts, as always. There were presents from G & G, and even some from Grandma Yvonne. Grandma Yvonne got her a Zhu Zhu Pet set and hamster, and Ellison quickly fell in love. She hadn't even known what one was, now she's all about them.
[January 15, 2011]
[January 16, 2011]
On Monday, Ell and Gram had lots of bonding time, and I got some good pampering in on my last day of being a mom of one. Grandma gave me a much needed hair coloring and trim - that always feels like a special treat. I LOVE getting my hair done, and was glad to finally wash that gray right outta my hair. After that, G & G treated me to a pedicure, letting Jonathan off the hook. Hey, it doesn't work when you can't reach your toes, so somebody was gonna have to do it. It was so strange sitting there in the chair knowing at that time tomorrow I would have my baby out of my body and into my arms. Crazy!
I have to tell of a little conversation that was had between Grandma and Ellison the night before the delivery. They were in her bathroom with the door shut, and I overheard this from outside the door:
E: "But Grandma, I want you to stay with me." (talking about the following day)
G: "Oh, I have to go to the hospital with Mommy because....(etc, etc). But Papa will be here with you, and I will call you from the hospital and tell you if the baby is a boy or a girl."
E: "OK (reluctantly). But Gram, just make sure it's not a boy!"
[January 17, 2011]
No comments:
Post a Comment